Calendar and contacts
We support connecting your Google and Office 365 account(s) to Reflect. This lets you:
- Pull in your calendar events, so you can easily add meetings to your daily notes.
- Easily backlink contacts (we'll auto-populate the backlink menu). This is currently limited to Google Contacts only.
Is my data safe?
Yes. We never share it with third-parties. We only use it for functionality listed above.
How do I add my Google or Office 365 accounts
- Go to Reflect's preferences:
- Navigate to Connections
- Click Connect an account. Pick either Google or Office 365.
- Go through the authorization steps. For Google accounts, make sure to select the check-boxes - they're easy to miss!
- After a few seconds you’ll see your connected account. Now:
- Calendars will be accessible by your daily note.
- Google contacts will be synced and available when backlinking.
We'll pull in your meetings directly next to your daily notes. Only events associated with the accounts you’ve added will be listed.
You can choose which calendars you want to import from our preferences.
Adding a meeting
Simply click on one of the meetings listed, and we'll prompt you to Add a meeting. Ostensively this is a shortcut to append a bullet point about that meeting to your daily note. We'll auto-create notes for each of the attendees and backlink them.
Create backlinked notemean? Well you may want to create a note dedicated to this meeting if in the future you're going to want to refer to any notes referencing it.
If this meeting is a recurring meeting we'll check this by default.
We currently only support contact syncing from Google Contacts.
Once a Google account has been added, we'll start syncing its contacts. This will take a few minutes. Once that's complete, your contacts will be available in the backlink menu.
We will refresh your contacts every two days. Note that we don’t sync all of your contacts - see below.